Fennel & Orange Salad (INSALATA DI FINOCCHI E ARANCE)
This is a salad full of flavours and so bright to cheer up even a dull winter’s day! Ideal for a lunch dish or perfect with grilled salmon.
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 orange
- 10 black olives
- chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spring onion
- Wash and clean the fennel bulb well.
- Cut it in half and slice each part thinly
- Peel an orange and divide it into wedges.
- Mix the fennel, the orange and season it with salt, pepper and some chilli flakes.
- Mix it well and add the black olives – this will give the salad even more flavour.
- (If you like spring onions, it would be good to add at least one after slicing it small.)
This is a very fresh salad that should be served as a side to a fish main course.