Our Pilates Holidays Instructors
Our Flavour’s Pilates courses on our Pilates holidays in Italy are led by experts who teach body control Pilates, a form of Pilates that has many physical advantages; such as toning your body to combating back problems and is suitable for any age or ability. Why not read more about our inspiring instructors below?
Diane formally trained with the Royal Ballet School in London. After an injury in 2002, she trained to become a qualified Body Control Pilates instructor and since then has continuously developed her knowledge. “The great thing about a Pilates holiday is that it’s not just about Pilates. Besides high quality lessons, you will have the opportunity to see beautiful sights and learn how to cook fabulous Italian food.”
- Body Control Pilates Matwork Instructor Level 3
- Certified Back 4 Good Practitioner (register of exercise professionals level 4)
- Back Care professional
- Pilates for older persons, MS, osteoporosis and hypermobility
- Equipment courses including balls, circles and foam rollers
- Supervising teacher for Body Control
- Reformer qualified
- Intermediate to advanced matwork
Catherine discovered Pilates after being diagnosed with prolapsed discs in her lumbar spine, the prognosis was either surgery or help herself. She chose to try the latter, to rehabilitate herself with the help of gentle Pilates exercises. Having suffered back pain for many years, she decided to train to become a Pilates teacher, knowing that the method really can help with many types of medical conditions including stress and anxiety for people at any stage of their life. Having lived in Italy makes teaching there the perfect scenario, combining two of her great loves, Italy and Pilates. “There’s nothing better than telling my clients to float their arms up to the bright blue sky and really meaning it.”
- Body Control Pilates Level 3 Matwork certified.
- Level 4 Pilates for Lower Back Pain - Back Care Professional.
- Register of BackCare Professionals.
- Pilates for Bone Health (Osteoporosis).
- Pilates for the Older Person.
- Matwork Pilates with all Small Equipment.
Since qualifying with Body Control in 2004, Rosalind has taught in a variety of situations. After running a studio in Northamptonshire for many years, she now teaches private clients and thoroughly enjoys her work with Flavours Holidays. “Having the opportunity to get to know the guests in such a relaxed environment, watching them steadily progress with the benefit of daily practice and tuition is an absolute joy as a Pilates teacher.”
Rosalind recently gained a teaching certification in ‘Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction’ with Bangor University. She brings elements of this philosophy into all areas of her teaching practice.
- Certified Body Control Pilates Instructor Level 3
- Intermediate and Advanced Mat Instructor
- All Matwork Equipment Courses
- Reformer trained
- CPR Certification
- Mindfulness Teacher
Ruth discovered Pilates 17 years ago, having taught many disciplines within the fitness industry. She was impressed by its intelligent approach, using body and mind to create a stronger, more functional body. Ruth loves that Pilates can be adapted to benefit such a wide range of ages and abilities. She qualified as a Body Control Pilates Instructor in 2003 and teach groups and individuals in Cheshire, with an age range of 19 to 90!
“Working on a Flavours Pilates Holiday will give me the chance to really get to know my guests and how their bodies work. The 1:1 sessions will help me to identify their individual needs and goals so that I can tailor the group classes to give maximum benefit to everyone. I’m looking forward to seeing guests revitalised after a week of intensive, energising Pilates in beautiful, inspiring surroundings.”
- Body Control Pilates Matwork Instructor Level 3
- Intermediate and Advanced Matwork
- Pilates for Osteoporosis
- Equipment courses including balls, bands, toning circles
- Certificate in Education
- Member of the Register of Exercise Professionals
Amanda is our new Pilates holiday instructor for 2017. She is a highly experienced Body Control Pilates instructor and firm believer in incorporating Pilates into your daily routine so it becomes a way of life.
“I have been teaching Pilates since 2003, having qualified as a teacher after a car accident caused a neck injury. I soon found Pilates addressed the whole body and not just helped my neck injury.I enjoy teaching, and run a small studio at home, working closely with local physios in the area. Teaching Pilates in Italy, is the best, a chance to get to know the guests and structure lessons to suit everyone, and exercising outside in the glorious sunshine”.
- Body Control Trained Level 3
- Intermediate & Advanced Matwork
- Pilates for Older Person, Osteoporosis and Bone Health
- Pre/Post Natal Pilates
- Small Equipment Course
- HIP Pilates
- Nordic Walking Instructor
All your questions answered
For more information about Flavours Holidays: