- 14 oz (400 g) pumpkin, peeled
- ¼ cup (50 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled but whole
- 1½ lb (700 g) shell-on shrimp (prawns)
- ¼ cup (50 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 1 lb (500 g) spaghetti alla chitarra
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Cut the pumpkin into long, thin strips to give them the same shape as spaghetti alla chitarra.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and brown. Remove and discard the garlic. Add the pumpkin and cook, stirring, over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, stir, and after 5 minutes drizzle with the wine. When the wine has evaporated,
reduce the heat and add the peppercorns.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
Drain the pasta, add it to the pan with the pumpkin and shrimp sauce, and gently toss. Transfer the pasta to a hot serving dish and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve hot.