Here are our recipes from Facebook Live – Monday 11th January 2021
Patè di Carciofi (artichoke pate)
for 300g patè
- 4 artichokes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30g mascarpone or 30g butter
- 200ml water
- To make the patè we will use all the parts of the artichokes which are a bit more tough ,such as outer leaves and stalks.
- Peel the stalks and cut them into small pieces. Wash the leaves and scoop out the more tender part of the leaves.
- Cut the garlic cloves into small pieces.
- In a pan sauté the garlic with some extra virgin olive oil and add the pieces of stalks and artichokes leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper, add some water and cook for about 20 minutes.
- When the liquid has evaporated and the artichokes became soft, turn off the heat.
- Add a spoon of mascarpone or some butter and blend the artichokes until you obtain a nice patè consistency.
Serve cold on a slice of crunchy hot bread!
Decotto di carciofi (artichoke Infusion)
- 2 artichokes
- 1l water
- Melissa leaves (Lemon balm leaves)
- Wild fennel
A decotto Is different from a normal tea because it has to cook for at least an hour and it is usually drunk cold.
- Use the outside thick leaves of the artichokes. Add some wild fennel leaves and Melissa leaves.
- Place them in water from cold and boil for at least an hour.
Artichoke leaves can be very bitter.
The wild fennel and the Melissa will adjust the bitterness.
You can decide to make it sweeter by adding some honey.
- 4 artichokes
- Olive oil (not too bitter)
- 1 lemon
- Trim off the outside part of the artichokes, until you reach the more tender leaves.
- You will use the tougher parts for the pate recipe other preparations.
- Slice the top third off and place the artichokes in some lemony water to stop them discolouring.
- When they are all ready place them in a pan, sprinkle some salt and pepper and cover with water.
- Cook for about 25 minutes, covered for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with some parsley.