How to make stuffed crepes with ricotta and spinach
Whether it’s summer or winter, these stuffed crepes are perfect for lunch or dinner! The origins of stuffed crepes are said to date back to Catherine de Medici when she arrived in France, bringing with her classic Tuscan recipes. We also love this recipe as it’s great to make ahead of time.
You can cook along with our Chef Livia, on our weekly Facebook Live, or more recipe ideas why not check out our YouTube channel. which has lots more Italian recipes. Or watch us live our Facebook each week lunch time for a new Italian style recipe!
- 3 eggs
- 20g butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 300ml whole milk
- 500g spinach
- 400g ricotta
- 50g grated Parmigiano
- 1 egg
- 50g butter
- 60g plain flour
- 700ml milk
1. To begin, prepare the crepe batter. Whisk the eggs with flour and a pinch of salt, making sure you don’t obtain any lumps.
2. Next, pour in the milk.
3. To prepare the filling for the crepes, boil the spinach. When they are cooked squeeze the spinach well to remove any excess water.
4. Now chop the spinach finely.
5. When the spinach is cold, add it to a bowl with the ricotta, the grated parmigiano, a pinch of nutmeg and some salt.
6. Mix all the ingredients well.
7. After all ingredients are mixed well, Heat a 20cm large non-stick pan on a medium heat. Pour the batter into the pan and swirl to cover it with a thin layer
8. Cook for 2–3 minutes until the crepes becomes golden brown on the edges, then flip it and cook on the other side for one more minute. Transfer to a plate to cool down
9. Next, you can make the béchamel sauce.
10. Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Once melted, add the flour and whisk for a few minutes until golden and toasted.
11. Pour in the cold milk, stirring constantly to avoid any lumps, until thickened and season with salt and nutmeg.
12. Spread some of the filling in each crepe and fold them in quarters.
13. Place them on a baking tray.
14. Add a few tablespoons of the béchamel sauce on top of the crepes.
15. Place in a preheated oven at 180 for about 20 minutes.