How to make Passatelli with asparagus cream
Passatelli is an Italian type pasta made from Flour, parmesan, breadcrumbs and eggs to create this simple yet tasty pasta. This pasta is well know in the Emilia Romagna region. Although making pasta sounds difficult, this recipe is straightforward and easy to follow along with. You can make a creamy asparagus sauce to go along with your passatelli.
- 2 eggs
- 80g breadcrumbs
- 100g parmesan
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- Teaspoon of nutmeg
- 300g asparagus
- 1 shallot
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. First thing we will do is prepare the passatelli, the dough needs to rest for at least an hour
2. In a bowl break 2 eggs.
3. Whisk the eggs with a fork, now add about 100g of good quality Parmesan and be generous with it if you want to obtain a better flavour.
4. Now add a tablespoon of flour, some salt, a tea spoon of nutmeg and then the breadcrumbs.
5. Work the dough with your hands, then make a ball with the dough.
6. Let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes in a plastic bag.
7. Wash and clean the asparagus, cut the tips off and keep them on a side.
8. In a pan bring some water to oil, add some salt and cook the asparagus for about 10 minutes.
9. When ready drain the but keep the water, you will use it to cook the passatelli
10. Dice the shallot small, soften it in oil then add the asparagus.
11. Cook it for about ten minutes then it is ready to be blended.
12. To make passatelli you have pass the dough through the potato ricer.
13. When they are ready cook them into the boiling water where you have cooked the asparagus for just a few minutes.
14. Drain them after a few minutes.
15. After you have blended the asparagus, place the creamy sauce obtained in a dish,.
16. Serve the passatelli on top, decorating with the asparagus tips.
Add some extra parmesan to taste and enjoy!