- Serves: 4
- 2 Yellow & 2 Red peppers
- Large stick of celery
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150g Grated breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
Wash the peppers, dry and cut them into large square chunks.
2. Wash the celery stalks and chop finely with the onion.
3. Add the olive oil to a pan on a medium heat and sauté the celery and onion. Once the onion has started to turn transparent, add the garlic and fry gently.
4. Add the chopped peppers and continue cooking for a few minutes, add the splash of red wine vinegar and a glass of water and continue to cook.
5. Add more water, during cooking, if the peppers become too dry (Cooking time about 20 minutes).
6. When the peppers are softened and well cooked, add salt to taste and the breadcrumbs. Mix well and add capers
7. Your Peperonata is now ready.